We've been having lots of baby earthquakes lately. Woke up in the middle of the night again last night. I'm on the top bunk so I can never tell if tectonic plates are moving or if Hna Rodriguez is just being squirmy, but apparently it's the former. This means I have to get granola bars for my emergency bag because
THAT AWKWARD MOMENT WHERE YOU BREAK THE WORD OF WIDSOM ON YOUR MISSION, ON THE SABBATH
Sadly, I was on the last bite of my granola bar when on the front of the wrapper I saw "contains caffeine." Sure enough, last on the ingredients list was green tea extract- equivalent of 50mg.
Oh no, I thought-- because I don't know how much caffeine that is, but I do know that I am caffeine sensitive, and I felt terrible for hours afterwards:
1.) because physically, that's how caffeine makes me feel
2.) because tea = sin
3.) because those granola bars were actually super delicious, and I was really looking forward to eating them when the big earthquake hits. and so now I have a whole box left that no one can eat.
We went to the temple visitors center with Roberto last night. He just ATE it up, the whole thing. We've been teaching him for what, 2 weeks and he's already on 1 Ne 18. When we came over for one of our lessons during the week he had the Living Christ that his fellowshipper gave him in church framed in his little back patio. So precious.
All systems go for Alejandro's baptism this sunday.
Transfers are this next Monday, so tell Dad to please send my letter to the mission office. I have a feeling I'm getting transferred. (aka pres hall asked me in my interview if I was good to hop areas. he said I'll probably move once and then stay there until the end.)
CONFERENCE IS THIS WEEKEND!!! CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE.
ALSO, wasn't women's conference the best thing you've ever seen? LOVED IT. I started crying in that video where the old people were holding hands, eating cereal. (Breakfast just gets me.)
But really- LOVED the themes of sisterhood & covenant-keeping. How we should tear down all our self-imposed barriers and not be afraid to love liberally and allow others to love us, despite our differences. Everything that comes out of Bonnie L. Oscarson's mouth, I love. That woman is my hero.
THANK YOU!!! to the Crestwood 2nd youth who wrote me a bunch of letters for their activity!! That was so fun to get. I see North Tullis has already come up with a cool signature, so he'll probably have to have his own outdoorsey clothing line or something one day. I was also very impressed by how much Spanish all those YW know. I thought no one learned that unless you went to the mtc?? haha I sure didn't.
PUES I am super looking forward to seeing those sunbeams and seminary kids and probably hanging out with Hna Arteaga's class all through church. And babysitting.
This coming transfer includes a visit from a member of the 70 (Keith Richards, I think), Easter, Tyler's birthday, and Mother's day calls. So much so fast!!
HAVE A GREAT WEEK LOVE YOU
<33333
xoxoxoxoxo
Hna Simpson
No comments:
Post a Comment