Sorry I only have 20 min to write the big email this week. Not sorry because my inbox was flooded with BIRTHDAY LOVE!!! Seriously, I'm touched. In regular life birthdays are just a day when you maybe go somewhere for dinner and a bunch of people write you the same thing on facebook. On missions, your birthday becomes a national holiday but BETTER because you get presents in the mail, your companion decorates the apt with pics of justin bieber, and the library is not closed. HOLLA.
Last night we stopped by my favorite menos activo family and they put a candle in a little debbie and sang to me. I love them so much it hurts. I swear they're going to get married and go to the temple one day.
ALSO, SHOUTOUTS!!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MOM AND DAD!!! 25 YEARS IS LIKE A BIG DEAL. WAY TO LEAVE YOUR CHILDREN AT HOME AND GO SOMEWHERE COOL!! You earned it.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TORI!!!!!! NOW YOU CAN DATE!!!!! (or if you are the little mermaid, now you can get married.) AND NOW YOU CAN DRIVE!!! 16 really is a good year.
HAPPY MARRIAGE TO DEBBIE AND MATT!!! Your invitation is the most important thing hanging on our fridge. also, the only thing. I will be thinking about you two on Aug 24!!
This week was CRAY and good. We're on the verge of clean-sweeping most of our investigators, but we're excited to go find some new ones who are ready to make changes! We went to 2 baptismal services this week (b/c Hna Hudson is the only person in the valley who practiced piano in high school) and Christian Espinoza came.
This morning I got a haircut for free from a lady in the english ward, bless her. I don't have a pic, but it looks quite peter pan.
This week we have interviews with President and exchanges, so that will be fun.
My disctrict surprised me w/ a cake yesterday at church. Hna Vila made it and put peanut butter in the middle. HOW DOES SHE KNOW. I really have never met another girl... and actually, only one boy.... who eats as much peanut butter as I do.
I GOT THE BIRTHDAY PACKAGE and I loved every single thing.
This week I almost converted to the Cavalry Temple Episcopalial Church. We were walking on the street at night and this choir was practicing with the door open and I was in love. The door was open on the way back, so i made Hna Hudson & the girl from the ward with us walk over there with me. I poked my head in and told them how good they sounded. Everyone cheered and clapped, and then the director said, "Can I tell YOU something?" I thought he was going to give me a worship-testimony, but instead he invited us to come back and join and sing with them "whenever you just want to get your praise on."
That morning we had just read the part in the white handbook that forbids missionaries from joining musical groups, which was fortunate because I was seriously considering it.
BOTTOM LINE: I WAS INVITED TO JOIN A BLACK CHOIR AND CAN NOW DIE IN PEACE.
Have a great week everybody. I'm feeling super grateful for everything in my life and I LOVE YOU!!!!!
<33333

1. Peter Pan is amazing.
ReplyDelete2. I am glad you have been awarded the highest honor in choir invitations.
3. what little debbie was it? I am really hoping for oatmeal creme pie!