Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Mom, I'm alive!


We went to the temple today (it's closed on Mondays) so we had to take our preparation day today.




I think I might have a touch of the flu (or be lactose intolerant?) but besides that it was so fun to go! haha. (Didn't get to see the new movie. Didn't throw a fit about it, either #maturity)
  
This week we got to do unplanned service and help 2 (almost 3) people move! Manual labor feels good.

I feel like it should be not this hot for being practically September, which counts as Fall. I have decided this month that when I am a grown-up, I will live in Seattle-. a place where it is always green and where it rains. It probably gets cold in the winters but now that my whole life is layers, that won't matter as much. Plus I plan on having a car.

SOME THINGS I AM LEARNING:
1. spanish.
2. money <math sign that means doesn't equal> happiness. So, so many people we meet talk about how they were happier before they immigrated to the US, even when they had so much less. It's just kind of sad. The part that blows me away is how they say how mean and coarse the people are here- and they're referring to other immigrants. Do they even know how mean white people are?? Trust me, I am white so I would know. The latinos here are the NICEST but a lot of them long for simpler times.
3. As a missionary, you don't get to get rid of your personality. That is still so surprising and kind of annoying to me. I think in my head I still imagine the day that when I have REALLY got the hang of this thing and am REALLY consecrated, I will be upgraded from a human into an angel-robot, and I will never think of another pop-culture reference again.
4. As a missionary, you never stop being humbled.
5. And you never experience the Atonement more, I think. You never get to see it in action more- in other people but hopefully, you see it the most in yourself. That's something I'm learning: Jesus saves. I've really been feeling lately like Jesus Christ is very present, His grace very accessible. That He gets it when nobody else gets it- and somehow, that's enough. The fact that he forgives sin and folly and good intentions gone awry- and that He's felt it all. It just-- you know?

It's weird to think there are only 2 more weeks of the transfer. That went by fast. I swear I'm going to get a baptism before I come home. (Yesterday was our 5 month anniversary as missionaries!) This Sunday we thought a lot of people were going to some to church (haha as usual) and we did have 2 people come, which was good. They were both 19-year-old boys, which really was not what we were going for, but we're trying. We're not really sure how that happened haha.

Every night as part of our nightly planning we write down our daily miracles/tender mercies. I love that. Yesterday we stayed in all afternoon as I was sick and not in a position to ride a bike/ be more than 20 ft away from an accessible bathroom haha. But the hnas gave us a ride to correlation mtg, and on the way back in the car the Josh Groban "You Are Loved" song came on and I almost cried haha. Tender merc.

SPEAKING OF CORRELATION: Dad!!! You are the new ward mission leader?!? That is huge and awesome!! I know you will do a great job!! Crestwood 2nd is going to kill it.

The zone leaders heart attacked us this week- I say heart attacked, but there were no hearts involved, just post-its that said things like "Sick Witted Dawg" and "You Do Well!" HAHAHAHA we just about died. Bless their hearts.


  
LOVE LOVE YOU!!!
xoxox
Hna Simpson

No comments:

Post a Comment