Monday, December 23, 2013

In one year we will be all together...

(except Tyler)

HEY!!! So I am here, and life is good. I am so excited to talk to you this week - Dec. 26 at 4 pm Cali time. Wish there was a way I could talk to Tyler, too!

Whew this week has been long! OKAY I HAVE NOT GOTTEN TO FREAK OUT ABOUT THIS AT ALL YET BUT LINDSAY CAME!!! SHE CAME  IN TO MY HUMBLE ABODE!!!! Those 15 minutes getting to see her, that was my Christmas. right there.

The only bummer about it is that I can't talk about it because there is a protocol for surprise family visits, (which kind of I just made up using the white handbook and common sense.) Basically, you pretend like it didn't happen. So Linds and Ryan came (he's really nice btw; I like him.) And then they left, and I did language study. Haha I know it freaked my comp out a little bit but I was totally fine. Resisted the temptation to tell anyone about it. It seems really distant in my memory, like it happened weeks ago. SO YES THANK YOU FOR VISITING AND KNOWING THAT I WOULD NOT BE LAME AND MOPEY AFTERWARDS, because I swear that would be the most annoying thing I could think of doing haha. I'm excited to see that video when I get home and THEN I can really freak out about how fun that was! On that note, don't mention anything about it over skype b/c we'll be at a members house and I don't want them to know. But seriously, HOW COOL WAS THAT?!?!?!?!!!!!! Loved every second of it.

We had exchanges this week, that was fun. I love exchanges; I always learn so much and come home so pumped with lots of things I want to change!

I feel like this week we have experienced the enabling power of the Atonement in our success as missionaries. It's not that our plans went smoothly or we found lots of golden people- we didn't. But we were blessed with capacities beyond our own to work more diligently, testify more boldly and quickly, recognize more opportunities, and discover what things we need to change. The more I learn about Heavenly Father, the more I like His work style. He empowers and He delegates. (The perfect CEO.)

We've been praying to be able to baptize monthly. So far Marta (the most golden grandma in the world) is set for Jan 19- but I bet she'll be ready by the 12th so we're going to try to move it up. People need to keep acting to avoid regressing, you know? We're praying that we can find a family (or be able to start teaching some families that we've already contacted) and help them prepare to be baptized in Feb. If you would like to join us in praying for this, that would honestly be the best Christmas present we could receive- helping more people come unto Christ.

Tori, you are 16 and therefore the missionaries can take you out with them!! You should totally do it on the break!!! You can go out with the Eng sisters if you have any of those, or go out with the hnas and just kind of nod and smile and try to feel the spirit, like I did hahaha :D

Tell Codi McHatton that her "Mary Christmas" picture is hanging on my wall over my study desk. Love it!

Something I have been thinking about a lot over the past couple months is what it means to love like Jesus Christ loves. And I think a big part of that, for me, is loving past the point of expected reciprocation. You know like that scripture in 1 John "we love him who first loved us" or something like that? He loves first, and fully- knowing that we will never be able to fully reciprocate the love He gives us. I think that's we way we are supposed to love other people. Fully. And more than they are going to love us back. Because like Christ, we do not love for the end of receiving love in return (although that is usually what happens), but we love because that is simply who we are. Because that is how He is.

On the mission, I have learned what it feels like to love people more than they love me back- and it's not depressing; it's joyful. It feels good to give of yourself so completely because it makes me understand Jesus Christ more and feel closer to Him.
Just something I've been thinking about.

This year, have a gospel conversation with someone new. (Christmas makes it a billion times easier!) Share the love, and give it without being worried how they'll take it.

Hang your shining star upon the highest bough.
I LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE YOU <333333333
Hna Simpson
P.S. send me a pic of this year's puzzle :)




No comments:

Post a Comment