Monday, December 2, 2013

SHOULD I GIVE UP, OR SHOULD I JUST KEEP CHASING PAVEMENTS?

HEyyy!!! That title isn't me being depressed, I just think Adele knows what's up when it comes to contacting.

OKAY SO! Good things:

Went to the temple on Tues! LOVE IT. First time going since they changed some things and I loved it all!!

Our district ate together on Thanksgiving, because some elders didn't have dinner invites so we just did our own thing. You better believe I made everyone do Thankful Turkey. Ate outside behind the Elder's apt, which you can only do in SoCal. (SoCal??? I hate myself for saying that hahahaha.)

thanksgiving outside. please note elder kimball's turkey hat.

ANYWAYZ then on Friday we had thanksgiving dinner round 2 with the Escobars and their leftovers. And then fast sunday dinner with obispo. Uggh I feel stuffed just thinking about it. hahaha I've filled my mashed potato quota for a while.

WHO SENT ME MOCCASSIN SLIPPERS?!?!?! They look just like I trapped two rabbits and then strapped them to my feet. Someone knows my taste very well. I assume grandma is the culprit. They're a little big so I have to wear socks with them to fit, but at least this way they won't ever smell bad!! Winning.
mocassins, sweats, glasses, retainer. in all my glory.

 Our district now lunches together devotedly every preparation day. Today is Subway because for the whole month of Dec, a 6-in meatball marrinera (spelling?) is $2. Subway is not paying me to promote that, but they probably should because I am unreasonably excited.

We said goodbye to Paola, our fastest-progressing investigator ever (niece of ward members, here visiting for Nov.) who we went to the LA Temple visitors center with. It was an awesome experience- and Hna Escobar's mom came- who used to not like the church at all but now who has an appointment to teach her The Restoration on Thurs?? We do!!

me and paola at the visitors center. don't worry, she's planning to move back to the states in a year so we're planning on going to the temple.


Anyway, so we go to the LA temple and WHO SHOULD LEAD OUR TOUR but Sister Abby Wells, my sports camp friend from BYU!!!! Seriously. We were roommates for at least one week, so pretty much soul sisters. Hahahahahaha seriously though. What are the chances?!???? That was so fun to see her. She and her companion did a BOMB job and were so prepared. We loved it.

SISTER WELLS!

Hna OHara left for Argentina last night and now I am having a SLEEPOVER TRIO with hna francis and hna rodriguez. Until this point, I have not had a thrilling experience with mission trios but this one is PARTY TIME. Man, they are a hoot.

I am sending you a picture of Leo, a 45-year-old special needs man in our ward. (He lives with his mom, who is also in our ward). Every Sunday he wears his "Future Missionary" plaque to church, and an elder gave him a missionary planner that he carries in his suit pocket. He shows me every week, and we talk about how to use it. He also carries around pieces of paper that he has his cell phone number written on; he likes to make sure everyone has his number, and tells us to call him. I love him.



 I told my first funny story the other night at dinner with the Escobars. Hna's mom Marta (the one who we're going to teach this week!) asked about weird mission food, and I told the story of how I was so scared of the dead fish someone served. It was actually really funny. I was proud- that was one of my mission goals, to make people laugh in Spanish.

Transfers are Tues. I know I'm staying here. I'm so excited to work hard. I like being in a car. It's so much more efficient if you do it right.

EXCITED FOR DECEMBER! and valiantly resisting the temptation to buy red and green glitter nail polish.
<333333
Hna Simpson

P.S. TORI I will not have time to write you back this week, probs- but THANK YOU for your letter and I will write you back soon!!!! I LOVE YOU!!! xoxoxxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment