Hey!!
This week was good. I really wanted the area to be doing well for Hna Evans when she brought her new companion in, and we dropped all the rest of our investigators so this week was filled with finding!! It was in the high 90s/100s all week (not really sure) but we survived AND we found some super cool people. My favorite story is this guy who was taught a year ago in this area- he was progressing well but then he went to Mexico for 6 months. Hna Evans felt inspired to have us go through the antiguos and we found his record. On Sat afternoon we ran back to the house for a water/ bathroom stop and I just happened to call his number because his page was on the top of the stack. The phone number is still good and he answers (if that's not a miracle, I don't know what is) -- but THEN he's like "listen, the people I live with are SuperCatholics and don't like you coming over to the house. But they're not home so can you come over right now?"
Yes, Cleto. Yes, we can.
So we came over and taught him the new way of folleto teaching that we were trained on a week before, and it was SO good. When we showed up he said "How did you know I was here? I just got back from Mexico 3 weeks ago, and I just found a job 2 weeks ago so now I know I can stay here, and then you called today." I've never seen a miracle like that through the area book before but now I know we keep those things for a reason! Haha
Tonight our ward mission leader is having all the missionaries over for dinner; Elder Spears has been here for like 5 or 6 transfers and he's leaving, so that will be special for him. I'm so excited.
OKAY, DOING THIS LAST EMAIL BUSINESS IS HARD.
Because where do I even start?
Friday we had the departing missionary temple trip. It was heavenly. On the way there I got to ride up with President Hall, and we just talked about life. It was the best. On the way back, I rode with the Spanish assistants and Elder Johnson, who looked across the backseat at me and said "Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm really weirded out sitting by you right now."
I laughed and said "Don't worry, Elder Johnson. At least you don't have to touch me!" But I think that made him even more uncomfortable hahahahahaha
Last night I had my departing missionary interview. President was super nice and said he scheduled me for last on purpose so that we could take as much time as I wanted. I just love him so much. I seriously believe the reason I was called to this mission was because I needed him as my mission president.
I don't know, the whole thing feels so sacred to me I feel like there's not that much for me to say in an email. He gave me a blessing at the end that I wish I had tape recorded because it basically felt like Patriarchal Blessing 2: The Next Chapter of Your Life. I tried to write down as much as I could remember when I got home.
The thing is, I just feel so good. about everything. I never thought I would feel so happy at the end of my mission. Haha I mean, I guess I just never really thought about it at all-- but I just feel so. so. good. I feel so close to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I feel Their approval and love. I feel that I am right on the path, doing exactly what the Lord would have me do, and I have never experienced a sweeter feeling than being accepted of the Lord. It is the best. I am just so happy with my present and my future. I am so blessed. I just love the gospel so much.
Scripture of the Day is Matt 16:25 "For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it."
I never really understood what that meant. But I think I get it now, at least a lot more than I did before. If you want to be like Christ, you quit thinking about yourself and lose yourself in the service of others. And then miraculously, somewhere in the process the Lord transforms you into more of the person He ultimately wants you to become. I don't know how it works, but it does.
Serving a mission is the most precious thing I have ever done with the time that Heavenly Father has given me on this earth. I am just so grateful I had this opportunity to serve. I know Heavenly Father loves me. I am his daughter and He has a plan for me. I know Jesus Christ has paid the price for my sins, and (through baptism) I have covenanted to follow Him, and that means that I am His. So He gets to call the shots for my life. I'm so grateful. My mission has taught me SO much and I don't know how to finish this paragraph without using the word "grateful" 50 more times.
Anyway, I can't really express myself well. But I'm so happy; everything feels right. I feel so blessed and so close to Heavenly Father. Grateful. And I will see you on Wednesday night!!
This is crazy.
This is happening.
LOVE you,
Hna Simpson
No comments:
Post a Comment