Monday, May 13, 2013

I'm in California!


HEY!!!

Hahaha wow I only have 15 min to email but THANK YOU EVERYONE for sending me lovely emails to read!!! That was so fun.

MMK since I had a lovely chat with the fam yesterday I don't want to waste time repeating lots of info, so here are some quick stats:

AREA: North Hollywood

COMPANION: trick question, I have two. Trio! One has been here 3 months and the other 1 year. Both are very cool, 22 years old, lovely to be around.

SPANISH: meh. natives are impossible to understand so I nod and smile a lot, hoping that they have not just asked me a question.

WE ARE FED: several times a week. It's always pretty meaty and mexicany and good.

TIMES I'VE CRIED: 0. I know, right?!???

TIMES I'VE MENTALLY KICKED MYSELF for not just finding a nice boy in Provo when I had the chance because really? THERE ARE 2 BILLION OF THEM. REALLY, WAS IT THAT HARD?!?!?? And instead I chose to come ride a bike in 100 degree weather for a year and a half?!??!?? How did I think this was a good idea?!?!????: 62

TIMES I'VE FELT THE SPIRIT: 108 (so still winning)

TIMES I'VE FELT REALLY GOOD ABOUT A SPECIFIC PLACE where you can tell that you are supposed to find someone in that apt. complex who needs/wants/is prepared for the gospel, just because there is this strong peace over the whole entire building and you are excited to go back and knock doors: 1

TIMES I'VE SEEN PEOPLE SOFTEN because when you talk about the restoration, something just happens inside them: A fair few

TIMES I'VE INSISTED WE STOP AT MCDONALDS to get ice cream cones: 1

TIMES I'VE BEEN IMMODEST WHILE RIDING A BIKE IN A SKIRT: don't even want to know.

Okay that was fun. Here are some quotes/scriptures that have meant something to me this week.

Matt 6: Jesus talking to apostles: Edited by me becuase "liken the scriptures" and all that:
Therefore I say unto you, take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat or what ye shall drink (or when ye shall sleep), nor yet for your body, or what ye shall put on (clothes, but also weight). Take no thought- for your Heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
But seek first to build up the kingdom of God and to establish his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Therefore take no thought for the morrow, for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the work thereof.

A QUOTE FROM A TALK: 
"Testimonies have everything to do with love and very little to do with obtaining spiritual information. Every time the Spirit speaks to you through a feeling, impression, voice, or dream, it is as though Heavenly Father is saying, "I love you. And by the way, the gospel is true." Love is why God answers you, why He reaches back to your reaching. God is not a librarian doling out answers to questions. God is love. When He takes the time to send you a little love note, He is telling you how He feels about you. Love is everything when it comes to spiritual communication.
As you give away what you have with love, it will return to you with increase. Testimonies don't grow on your knees; they grow by giving them away and by loving service."
I really loved that. I could say so much more and give you so many more good quotes and thoughts but my time is up!!!  Love lots. I am praying for all of you- family, friends, people I don't really know that well. I like how much I pray for other people now instead of myself. That's a good change.

YOU ARE ALL THE BEST. <3333

P.S. GRANDMA that is so awesome you are 1.) RAISING WORMS and 2.) giving away copies of the Book of Mormon slash living your faith more openly in general! Don't be scared to open up because you are giving people the best gift you can give.

P.P.S. I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment