Tuesday, October 15, 2013

This Week's Highlight Reel

Sometimes you hear people brag about their missions like "Oh, mine was the best!" I don't necessarily feel that way about San Fernando- but if someone asked me about mission presidents, I would have to say yeah. Mine was the best. Hands down. I'm convinced I was called to this mission because I needed to be with President Hall.

Elder Kopische came this week! So nice, so funny, so German. Loved him. Like, he's funny to begin with but then the german accent makes it ten times better.
One thing I liked was he challenged us to keep our dream alive- what we wanted to accomplish when we got our mission call. My dream is to find and teach a mom who will raise her kids in the gospel. I've been in contact with Ordella Park, the sister missionary who brought the gospel to my grandma in Northern Ireland, and my dream is just to be her, basically haha. I feel like I've been given this legacy of faith through my grandma and her, and I want to pay it forward and give that to somebody else's family.

This Saturday stumbled upon Hna Rocha cleaning out her storage closet in her home and got to help! It felt JUST like cleaning out the barn. And then she let us go through the bag of clothes they were getting rid of. There was one point when I was wiping down old books, and someone had assembled the karaoke machine, and Leslie and Gheily were taking turns just speaking into the microphone, and I just felt so at home. Just a classic Saturday.

Found a miracle family. They were handed to us on a silver platter. We actually could have lots of miracle families, because we have now dropped ALL of our former investigators and are having fun finding new ones. But this family is golden.
Dad is menos activo, baptised at 8 and was even sealed in temple but hasn't been to church in years. Mom is not a member (but is hopefully going to be baptised Nov. 17!) They have 4 kids; the oldest is 7. They are legally married as of last year. They want to come back to church for a good environment to raise their kids. (They are only 24 and 25, respectively.) SO GOOD. The Elders called and told us about them on Fri and we were able to go see them that night for the first time. Since then we've had two member present lessons and are going back tonight. They are so prepared. It's the coolest. (We don't even have to do any work!)

Other miracles have happened but will not be included in this email!

Primary Program this Sunday- my expectations are high.

SONG OF THE WEEK: Destiny's Child "Thank you, Lord."

Working on my Beyonce,
Hna Simpson

No comments:

Post a Comment