Monday, October 28, 2013

I now live in Reseda.


THINGS THAT HAPPENED:
1. New comp. Name is Kelleen O'Hara, from Utah, 19 years old. She's been here only one transfer less than me, but in a lot of ways I feel like I'm training a new missionary. She has incredible zeal. Haha when we were weekly planning I asked how many new investigators she thought we could find this week- I was thinking around 4 would be good. She suggested 10. Haha so I was like, okay, sure! But then last night I mentioned that the mission record is finding 12 in one week, so now she is determined to find 14 hahahahaha. So 14 is currently the goal on our whiteboard hahaha. Love it.
So guess who was her teacher in the MTC? Bonnie Young. I know, right?? We were so happy when we made that connection.

2. Reseda is so nice. This library that we're sitting in is quiet, and doesn't smell like homeless people. It's weird. I feel so clean all the time- it is actually very strange haha. AND our area is like 5 or 6 times bigger than our last one and I guess because of this (or just because we are Highly Favored) we have a mountain of system referrals to go contact. Whatever, I guess I can deal with this new promotion.

3. Because our area is big, we drive a car. I am the designated driver. Driving around in a car all day kind of makes me feel like a bum and also kind of makes me feel like Queen of California. It's the nicest car I've ever had, so hey. (The only CDs we possess are my 4, only 2 of which have songs with actual words on them. Someone please take compassion on us and send me more music.)

4. Stake Conference happened yesterday. So fun. Got to see all the people from NoHo 5, which made me cry just because I miss them. Hna Hudson and her new comp look like they're doing great. Fun facts about Latinos: They're all generally pretty tone-deaf and they LOVE to sing. The choir has been practicing for MONTHS hard core and they all sewed special silk hot pink tops/dresses for this. We're not playing around. It was the loudest choir I have ever heard- haha I loved it so much. When the congregation would sing the opening and intermediate hymn, it was so loud I couldn't hear my own voice. Or the piano. Hahaha I wish you all could have been there.

5. Because Hna O'Hara is waiting on her visa to Argentina, all the money is on my card and we buy groceries together. But the month hasn't started yet, so all we've had to use is my card. We called last night to check how much was left and we have 45 cents for groceries this week hahahhaa. Needless to say, we'll be using our debit cards today.

6. It's different getting adjusted to the new area. I was in North Hollywood for just under 6 months, so you know. Moving is an isolating experience. But luckily I have a really good district- everyone is really nice and funny and Elder Rivera, our district leader, was with me for most of my time in NoHo. I'm already campaigning for Turkey Bowl as our zone activity.
TRUE STORY: In our district there is an Elder who looks (and acts) just like the blonde boy from Sonny With A Chance!! Disney Channel has finally converged with my real life, and it makes me so happy. Also, an Elder Hoyt who played basketball for BYU before his mission. (He was just a freshman so I assume he didn't really play- but I thought this would excite you, parents, so have a look at his stats and let me know if I will be name-dropping him 10 years from now.)

7. THIS IS THE BEST THING OF MY LIFE: in our apt we have a bucket of Christmas cards that some previous hnas picked up at a yard sale. They are so great. Last night I picked out all the ones that have cats on them so everyone send me your addresses pronto, so I can bless your life with some holiday cheer.

8. Also, feel free to burn me a Christmas CD. Michael Buble is totally allowed as long as he's singing about Jesus, so just keep that in mind.

9. Oh yeah, this week someone hacked into our gas card and stole $1500 so we had to go up to Santa Clarita to take care of that. I feel bad for whoever it was, because I have a hunch that stealing tithing money is a bit worse than just regular stealing, and I do not envy their position.

10. Here is my new address:
6425 Reseda Blvd #224
Reseda, CA 91335

Had a dream this week that I went on a date with Joseph Gordon-Levitt. I think it's a sign.
LOVE YOU <333333
Hermana Simpson

No comments:

Post a Comment