I hate how I never have any investigators to write about because we are just on a dropping spree and despite our best efforts can find no one to teach and I can't even read Mara's emails because they just make me so mad that she knows how to speak spanish and that things are happening and the Latino culture in Chile is sooooo different from the Latino culture here and even the mission culture because we are around other missionaries all the time and if it was only not 100 degrees outside it wouldn't even be that bad, but it is and it is.
As missionaries, we aren't supposed to use slang like "sucked," so I will just say that this week happened.
Transfers are in two weeks and I know Hna Mulliner and I are going to split up because we get along too well but I'm scared of being the only one who knows the area and it's soooo hard to talk on the phone in Spanish- especially on speakerphone, because I can't even understand that in English. I'm homesick and I miss the organization and sheer functionality of white wards. Haha so shoutout to you, Crestwood 2nd. Families have moms and dads who are married and people know how to read and have the education to know how to study, and people don't get offended and gossip. No one gets into fights during Relief Society every week. Haha I'm not even kidding.... and I know it sounds funny, but mostly it's just sad.
And yeah, I grew up in a life of privilege that I don't know how I deserved. I had parents who taught me to learn and I grew up always having my own bed. The gospel was handed to me on a silver platter and I had good friends in high school and we could always afford things like phones and exterminators and air conditioning. The America I lived in feels so different. I grew up knowing that God expected things of me and wanting to commit to those things. That is a desire I don't know how to instill (or at least inspire) in others. And I know I'll look back on this just as a bum week, nbd, but the truth is that we live week to week and every day is soooooooo oooo oooo long.
Haha I'm so sorry, Mom- what started as a witty blog has quickly degenerated into just me stream-of-consciousness whining. Haha so sorry about this- but today, this is the truth and it's really the only thing there is to talk about. Little cute cultural quirks or facts about where we live pale so translucent compared to the fact that right now, at least, we have no one to teach.
Haha thanks for reading that. Maybe don't tell Tyler hahah but maybe do- because I didn't understand how hard it would be. You don't get to pick your trials and challenges, because if you could I would have picked different ones. But for this little moment in the giant spectrum of eternities, things are really hard.
Here are happy things you can share:
The ice cream trucks here have scary monsters painted on the sides of them hahahah. I don't get it, but I'm going to try to get some pics. They are soo weird.
I'm making granola bars today. The one recipe I know by heart.
A member fed us ice cream today when we stopped by asking for water. That, people, is a blessing.
FUNNY DREAMS THIS WEEK:
- Hna Mulliner and I were at Hogwarts trying to get referrals of people's muggle family members. Were delighted to find out about the Dursley's. Harry Potter tried to tell us they probably wouldn't be interested, but we were having none of it. Excitedly penciled them in for tomorrow at 4.
OKay am actually feeling a lot better after that vent.
lovey lovey love love
Hna Simpson
No comments:
Post a Comment