Right before we came to the library, I got the
card from the Farm that everyone sent!!! I love it!!
Those are my favorite kinds of letters- just a
little line from everyone so I know that I am not dead to them.
Seriously- thank you thank you for letters and
emails. I keep all my letters in a little box, and whenever people write me
inspiring things in emails I take notes hahaha. There is no such thing as too
much mail hahaha. No, I'm serious. <333
SO FIRST THINGS FIRST, TYLER IS GOING INTO THE
MTC THIS WEEK!!!! So crazy. Seriously, boy missions are CRAZY because they are
two years. I think everyone should freak out about them, because that is not a
normal thing to do. It is crazy. I look up to Tyler so much and I have total
confidence in the kind of person he is and the good things he will do!! He will
be a great companion, and in my opinion, that is the most important thing a
missionary can be. Really. If you are a good companion, everything else will
work out.
Also, don't know if you all have realized this,
but I have now been a missionary for over 4 months. THAT IS HUGE! That is
longer than a semester of college. I did some calculations, just because I am a
planner, and I believe I will be returning home August 13 of next year. (and
starting law school the next week? not even going to think about that haha.) So
somehow I have only a little over a year left! CRAY.
This morning in the shower, without warning, I
had a vivid flashback of the "Pop Goes my Heart." Do some stray cat
strut for me today, as consecrated vessels do not dance.
This week we were in the house even more than
last week because of Hna Mulliner's knees. I almost went insane, but we made
it! haha. This morning I got to run outside for the first time in a week and it
was heaven. Also, this week we went on splits a couple times with the car Hnas
and Hna Vila and I saw soooo many miracles for those few evening hours we were
out! Friday night we taught 3 FAMILIES the restoration at one of their homes.
It was crazy- we were just helping this lady carry her groceries and then we
were singing Soy Un Hijo de Dios and testifying of Joseph Smith. I'm
pretty sure I left my hymnal at their house so hopefully we really get to see
them again hahahahaha.
DRUMROLLL....... TRANSFER DRAMA!!!!
Seriously this is so dramatic. We tried to make a
bracket because it's not like there are that many Hnas, but so far, our bracket
is toast. Everything and everyone is changing. Nothing is sacred anymore. There
are 5 new hnas coming in, not counting visa waiters- who show up as last min.
surprises. TYLER, THAT WILL BE YOU IN A COUPLE MONTHS!!!!
I am staying in this area (and scoring a new bike
as well!) Hna Mulliner is going to car area and finishing training 2 hnas
who have already been there for 6 weeks. Hna Hudson is moving to another bike
area so I'm losing my favorite vecina. :( UNLESS SHE MOVES TO MY AREA!!! hahaha
no, that would never happen. The Lord wants us to do missionary work.
.So yeah. Hopefully my new comp speaks pretty good Spanish because it is a little terrifying thinking about being the expert in this area. Nope, I'm not thinking about it. My Plan A is just to pray a lot for the incessant guidance of the Spirit. If you spoke Spanish well you could be able to do more things on your own, but I am still new and I am not there yet. I can't afford to not have it with me. Like that quote from Dallin H. Oaks' mom how since they were poor, they couldn't afford to not pay their tithing. That's how I feel. No idea if I'll be training yet- no phone call yet, so hopefully I'm off the hook!! :) And so far I am not in a trio, so that is just delightful.
So yes. Transfer drama. Will have lots more
news for you next week
I now have lovely Plan of Salvation teaching aides, will make some Restoration cups today or maybe next Mon, and a half-developed timeline map of every chapter in the Book of Mormon. (Like I said, lots of time inside this week. I will remember these days when I am hot and sweaty and thirsty outside this week hahaha.)
Luvs, Hugs, Rootbeer Chugs
I now have lovely Plan of Salvation teaching aides, will make some Restoration cups today or maybe next Mon, and a half-developed timeline map of every chapter in the Book of Mormon. (Like I said, lots of time inside this week. I will remember these days when I am hot and sweaty and thirsty outside this week hahaha.)
Luvs, Hugs, Rootbeer Chugs
xoxxoxoxoxo
Hna Simpson
No comments:
Post a Comment